Shoebox Gift Packing Party and Collection Event
Sunday, November 12
For the last few years, Valley Life Church and Santa Clara Christian School have been partnering with Operation Christmas Child to provide shoebox gifts to children in developing countries, so that they can have the opportunity to celebrate Christmas and hear the story of God's love through Jesus. Our goal, between SCCS and VLC, is to provide 450 shoebox gifts. Our goal as a church family is at least 100 boxes.
This year we invite you to either pack shoebox gifts at home, pack shoebox gifts together with us on Sunday, November 12, or both.
On Sunday, November 12, we will be collecting and packing Operation Christmas Child shoebox gifts at our worship gathering.
For shoebox gifts you pack at home:
- Go to www.operationchristmaschild.com for guidelines and ideas.
- Please include a check for $9 made out to Samaritan's Purse
(OCC on the memo line) for each box you bring in or pay online at www.operationchristmaschild.com
For shoebox gifts we pack together on November 12:
- We are collecting items to go in the shoebox gifts.
Please sign-up to let us know what you would like to bring to contribute to the packing party. Please bring items in bulk if possible. There are suggestions for quantity on the sign-up sheet.
- Sign-up is available at the Information Table or online at
- Each box we pack at the Packing Party will need a sponsor. Please be prepared to pay $9 for each box you pack.
- Our focus will be the 5–9-year-old age group for our packing party. If you want to provide a shoebox gift for a younger or older child, please pack that at home with your family and add it to the collection on Sunday, November 12.
Please visit the Operation Christmas Child website for ideas and instructions on packing a shoebox gift. Thank you for your generosity and participation in helping children in need experience the love of Jesus.